Residential Builders License Prep Course
Prepare for your Residential Builder Exam.
This class requires you to purchase in advance and bring with you the following books (http://www.psionlinestore.com/
1. South Carolina International Residential Code for One and Two-Family Dwellings $140.00 -OR- International Residential Code for One- and Two-Family Dwellings, 2015, $115.00 -OR-International Residential Code Commentary (Volumes 1 and 2), International Code Council, (800) 786-4452, www.iccsafe.org
2. Carpentry and Building Construction, 2010 or 2016 edition, John L. Feirer and Mark D. Feirer, Publisher: McGraw-Hill, http://www.contractorsseminars.com, 828- 277-3999. $75.00
3. The Contractor's Guide to Quality Concrete Construction, Third Edition, 2005, American Concrete Institute, 38800 International Way/Country Club Drive, PO Box 9094, Farmington Hills, MI 48333, (248) 848-3700, htt://www.aci-int.org $89.00
4. Modern Masonry - Brick, Block, Stone, Clois E.Kicklighter, 8th edition (2015). The Goodheart-Willcox Company, (800) 323-0440, www.g-w.com $59.95
5. BCSI: Guide to Good Practice for Handling, Installing, Restraining, and Bracing of Metal Plate Connected Wood Trusses, 2013, Structural Building Components Association and Truss Plate Institute, (608) 274-4849, www.sbcindustry.com $39.00
6. Gypsum Construction Handbook, 7th Edition, 2014, United States Gypsum Company, 125 S. Franklin Street, Chicago, IL 60606, Phone (800) 874-4968, http://www.usg.com $45.00
Apply to the state prior to registering with PSI for an examination. Once you are approved, you will receive an Examination Eligibility letter. Examination Eligibility is valid for 1 year and you are allowed 3 attempts to pass the examination within a 12-month period. You must pass both the Business Management and Law for Residential Builders Examination, and Residential Builder or Residential HVAC or Residential Plumbing or Residential Electrical examination within the 12-month period. If you fail the examination three times, you shall wait twelve months from the date of the last examination attempt before being examined again.
South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation