Flood Map Reading 101: LiMWA Wha?
Presented by Dominion Energy
Breakfast provided by Crosby Creations
Did you know if you build in a Coastal A zone it's just like a VE zone and you're required to have breakaway walls?
If you're wondering if this educational opportunity is for you then ask yourself these questions:
- Do you know how to determine a Coastal A zone?
- Did you know Coastal A zones aren't noted on the Charleston County FEMA Flood Zone website?
- Do you know what a LiMWA line is?
Coastal zones are incredibly important ecosystems that provide a wide range of ecological, economic, and cultural benefits. However, they are also highly vulnerable to the impacts of climate change, including sea level rise, storm surge, and flooding. To protect these valuable areas, it?s essential to understand the regulatory requirements for development and management in coastal zones.
If you?re interested in learning more about coastal zone requirements and the importance of LiMWA lines and Coastal A zones, you won?t want to miss our upcoming educational event! We will be discussing the following topics:
- Regulatory framework for coastal development and management
- The important of LiMWA lines and Coastal A zones for protecting coastal ecosystems
- Best practices for managing coastal resources and mitigating the impacts of climate change.
Our session will feature expert speakers who have extensive experience in coastal zone management and environmental policy. They will share their insights and knowledge on these important topics and answer your questions during a live Q&A session.
Whether you?re a coastal zone manager, policy maker, or simply someone who cares about protecting our natural resources, this event is for you. Join us to learn more about the critical role of the aforementioned policies to safeguard our coastal ecosystems and newly developing communities.